Last Updated on September 11, 2023
Australian Shepherds are often one of the most varied dog breeds, from being used as parts of mixed breeds to having different types altogether. These dogs are often sought after for their energetic behaviour and overall working mentality.
This article will be dealing with Miniature Australian shepherd for sale breeders in various places. One thing people should look out for when buying a miniature is the breeder they are buying for.
As miniature Aussies are highly excitable, they must get a good home and exercise to be engaged in, as neglect or improper conditions will make them unhappy and destructive.
Miniature Australian Shepherd Puppies for Sale
Miniature Australian Shepherds (also known by their abbreviation as MAS) are popular dog breeds generally known for their energy and intelligence. While the origins of these dogs are not precisely known, the Miniature Aussie is said to have originated during the 1960s in California due to crossbreeding of smaller dogs with Aussies.
Despite their small size, miniature Australian shepherd puppies need many activities and are generally recommended a diet that suits their small yet tough frame. If you are considering getting a Miniature Australian shepherd for sale, then you may consider a few things, such as:
- Price: Miniature Australian Shepherd puppies could range from $500 to $2,000. The price generally depends on the breeder, how the dog has been maintained, its pedigree, and its age.
- Age: Miniature Australian Shepherd puppies are generally ready to go to a new home at around eight weeks of age. However, some breeders recommend waiting till the Miniature Aussies are around 12 weeks old before bringing them home.
- Health: While Miniature Australian Shepherd is a generally healthy dog, the dog is still prone to certain health conditions, such as hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia, cataracts or Canine Bloat (Gastric Dilatation Volvulus or GDV). Hence, getting your dog checked by an animal vet can be important.
- Training:The Miniature Australian Shepherd is an intelligent dog that is easy to train. Although the miniature Aussie can be a hyperactive dog breed, it is important to provide him plenty of exercise.
If you are set on getting a Miniature Australian Shepherd, make sure to research reputable breeders. Below are some reputable Miniature Australian shepherd puppies for sale breeders:
Miniature Australian Shepherd For Sale
Many people already seek Australian Shepherds as these dogs have some of the most beautiful coat designs and are effective at being capable working and herding dogs.
Miniature Australian Shepherds are simply the icing on the cake! To know more about the breeders selling Miniature Australian shepherd for sale, keep reading below:
01. Southern Sun
A breeder selling mini Aussies and American shepherds, these breeders are some of the best at breeding dogs who are capable and care for their dogs. Located in West Gippsland, Victoria, Australia, Miniature Australian shepherds are generally more challenging to care for than average Aussies.
Southern Sun dog breeders generally have healthy dog breeds. However, if you are still determining whether these are good Miniature Australian shepherd for Sale breeders, you may check out Southern Sun.
02. Green Field Puppies
The site mainly revolves around some of the best puppies for sale by various breeders. This site is one of the best sites you could find for Miniature Australian Shepherd for sale.
While the price might be steep, as they range over $999, it goes higher or lower depending on how well taken care of the dog is. It can be worth it if you are looking for a great and adorable pet dog, though the budget will matter if you want to save it. You may find out more about this breeder on Green Field Puppies.
03. Miniature and Toy Australian Shepherds
It is located in Hunter Valley, NSW. The mini Aussies here are all registered with the American Stock Dog Registry, ASDR. These dogs are generally healthy and won’t disappoint in the long run in terms of health.
However, the stock can sometimes run out, and a potential buyer must wait for the stock to film up again. Potentially one of the better Miniature Australian shepherd for sale breeders, you may find out more about these breeders’ Miniature and Toy Australian Shepherds here.
04. Leesway Kennels
Located in NSW, Mandy Lee, the founder of this kennel, is now known for having better introduced Australian Shepherds in Australia. You can find Miniature Australian shepherds in this kennel and, rarely, miniature Australian shepherds.
While slightly a bit hard to find, this breeder is still an excellent Miniature Australian shepherd for sale breeder. You can find out more about this kennel and what sort of dogs they sell at Leesway Kennels.
A site based in Canada, Kijiji, can be used for finding various pet breeders and pets for sale. This means you can also look for Miniature Australian shepherd for sale in Canada. Although one will have to be careful in dealing with dog breeders as some can be fraudulent.
There is also the fact that Miniature Australian shepherds are slightly more challenging to find than ordinary Australian shepherds. To learn more about Kijiji, please check out the link here.
06. Color Country Aussies
They are located in USA, Utah. Color Country Aussie is yet another Miniature Australian shepherd puppies for sale breeder that values quality over quantity. That is, they believe in taking care of healthy Mini Aussies and are more than willing to improve them every step of the way.
Most Miniature Australian shepherd of this breeding group have a pedigree and are fully vaccinated while also being of a tough exterior. If you are looking for more info regarding this breeder, check out Color Country Aussies.
07. Miniature Australian Shepherds in Australia
Located in Hunter Valley, North of Sydney, South Wales, Australia. This breeder has a variety of Australian shepherds, ranging from miniature to standard Aussies. This dog breeder mainly focuses on breeding healthy Mini Aussie pups and is more than willing to discuss them.
Indeed one of the best Miniature Australian shepherd puppies for sale by breeders. You may find out more about them on Miniature Australian Shepherds in Australia.
Do Miniature Australian Shepherds Have Health Problems?
While Miniature Australian Shepherds can remain mostly healthy, they still are prone to some of the common diseases that other dogs can become afflicted with, such as:
- Canine bloat: This is a fatal condition from swallowing too much air without stopping for breath. The motion of the stomach being twisted can cause significant discomfort for the dog and eventual death.
- Eye problems:Dogs, just like humans, can get eye problems such as cataracts that may need a vet intervention for treatment.
- Hip Dysplasia:Another common dog disorder that can cause movement issues in the dog; although not fatal, it can eventually cause significant distress for the dog.
- Multiple drug sensitivity: This can cause a severe allergic reaction to multiple drugs that might be given to a dog for various purposes, most common in dogs with the MDR1 mutation.
- Epilepsy: Dogs such as Australian shepherds are susceptible to getting epileptic fits. Therefore, getting their brain tested for why it may happen is essential.
These are a few common diseases a miniature Australian Shepherd may encounter. It is recommended to keep getting your mini Aussies regular vet visits and checkups.
While these Miniature Australian Shepherd for sale breeders may have slightly complicated nooks and crannies, you may still find your desired mini Aussie at your convenience if you choose your breeder in the right way and get all the health certificates related to the dog.
On the other hand, you may also want to get a diet chart for your mini Aussie as they can be rather excitable and generally upbeat personalities, needing regular walks and engaging behaviour to keep the mini Aussies happy. If you have questions or comments regarding Miniature Australian Shepherd for Sale, kindly let them know in the comment section below.
If you’re looking for something special for a dog lover, don’t miss out on custom enamel pins!
Who wouldn’t love the idea of having their favourite pet imprinted on a hard or soft enamel pin?
You can show your love for your pets by displaying pins at home, at work, or on clothing. You can also wear a pin so your fur baby is always by your side.
Online pin maker EnamelPins can customise dog pins that look exactly like your pet.
01. How Much is a Miniature Australian Shepherd?
A miniature Australian shepherd can range from $500 at the lowest to around $1475; this mainly depends on how the mini Aussie has been taken care of and whether they have a pedigree. The better well-maintained they are, the more their price will be.
Therefore, you may either choose to get a lower-priced mini Aussie through a miniature Australian shepherd for sale breeders, or you may choose to get a better one at a higher price.
02. How Big Will a Miniature Australian Shepherd Get?
While they won’t get too big considering their name, the miniature Aussie can range from 13 to 18 inches (33 to 46 cm) at the shoulder and weigh between 20 to 40 pounds (9 to 18 kg); this mainly depends on genetics, diet, exercise, and overall health can influence their growth and size.